Search This Blog

Friday, December 29, 2023

Accomplishment through Guru Rinpoche mantra

Kathok Rigzin Chenpo Rinpoche:

Many people attained accomplishment by reciting the Guru Rinpoche mantra their entire life

Since I was young, I have had great faith in Guru Rinpoche and recited his mantra. I did not recite many mantras as I wasn’t very diligent.  The numbers are not as many as others who would recite huge numbers such as several hundred millions, or three or four hundred millions etc.  I did not even recite as many Guru Rinpoche mantras as my mother.  My mother recited more mantras than me.  She has always been very devoted to Guru Rinpoche.  But I feel that in terms of faith, I have slightly more faith than my mother.  Although it is not right to compare with my mother, but when my mother met some problems or obstacles, she always tried to find other methods to solve it. But for me, it was enough to supplicate Guru Rinpoche.  My mother believed in Guru Rinpoche from childhood.  Many old men and women in Tibet recited Guru Rinpoche’s mantra.  The numbers they accumulated were far more than what I have accumulated.  This is pretty common.  (In Tibet, it is very common for old people to have accumulated several hundreds of million of mantras)

We see that many people who practice Guru Rinpoche eliminate many obstacles, especially obstacles in their Dharma practice.  When they die, they often die with full mastery and freedom.  A few years ago in Gantse, an old lady who was not educated-- she considered herself my disciple and had attended my teachings.  She did not know how to read Tibetan but she recited an enormous number of Guru Rinpoche mantras.  When I gave empowerment, she made offerings to me and requested my dedication.  So I dedicated the merits for her.  A few days before she passed away, she dreamt of Guru Rinpoche.  After that, she said that all her affairs had been set in order.  She stayed at home chanting Guru Rinpoche’s mantra happily and passed away like this. 

Last year, in Rebkong (Qinghai), a Ngakpa (mantric practitioner) passed away.  It was the same. After he finished his teachings, he returned home and fell sick. It was very serious. Later I transmitted some teachings to him and told him to supplicate Guru Rinpoche.  When he was passing away, some relatives and close friends were around him, everyone chanted the Guru Rinpoche mantra and he departed while reciting the mantra in a joyful and happy manner.  When you are sick or dying, Guru Rinpoche practice is very important.  If you have strong faith, blessings are sure to come, there is absolutely no doubt about this!